EDUCATING AND INSPIRING YOUTH IN AGRICULTURE
Summer Day Camp Experiences for Ages 4 to rising 6th grade
2022 Camp Registration is SOLD OUT...WAITLIST IS AVAILABLE. Watch FACEBOOK FOR ANY LAST MINUTE OPENINGS
- Small group sizes with outdoor and indoor learning opportunities at Milky Way Farm.
- Age-appropriate curriculum created by an M.Ed. teacher who taught in various classroom settings for 10+years.
- Children in the Little Farmer Summer Day Camp should bring a snack and drink. Children in the Fantastic Farm Fun Summer Day Camp should bring a snack, lunch, and drinks.
- All staff that interacts with campers has been cleared through the Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background process. Background check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, and the FBI Fingerprints Clearance for those who have lived out of state in the last 10 years.
If interested in becoming a staff member and over age 16, click on the link below to apply. If after April 1st, best to email to see if positions still available.
We will continue to follow state guidelines regarding masking. So many changes may occur between now and the start of camp. As in the past, our camp will respect social distancing protocols such as small groups with designated staff, individual craft supplies kept in a bag, staggered spacing during drop off and pick up time, frequent handwashing, extra cleaning, etc as suggested by CDC guidelines. As our program does activities inside a building with A/C and if state guidelines expect masks inside, there will be times when we ask children to put on masks if we can not maintain 3-6 feet spacing for certain activities.
Let the camp fun begin!!
Please note - All photos taken before Covid time.
9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. Weekly Day Camp for 4 to 6 Years Old
Little Farmer Summer Day Camp — $185.00 for 5 Days
- Creative "Down on the Farm" experiences with our farm animals, literature, and crafts including a memory scrapbook.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten age — independent of parent and toilet trained.
- Campers may only attend one week of Farm Camp each summer.
The Little Farmer campers are greeted each morning by staff and settled to work on aspects of our week-long scrapbook project. Once all campers arrive, the Little Farmers gather in a circle to learn about the chosen farm animal of the day, brainstorming facts they know and want to learn. The Little Farmers listen to a children's story about the chosen animal before venturing around the farm for some up close and personal time with animals. Campers are encouraged to interact with animals at their comfort level in a safe and highly supervised manner. The Little Farmers return inside the building for handwashing and snack time before completing farm animal-related crafts, songs, or dance. Then more time outside learning about farm life and experiencing "Down on the Farm" fun. Just before leaving, the Little Farmers hear a final children's story and review facts learned about the animal of the day.
"Wonderful experience and value. He had a blast and the communication with parents was wonderful!!! Loved the creative book made by each Little farmer at robotcamper on the last day of camp!"
"Thank you for providing this most worthwhile camp, and giving kids who aren't interested in organized sports a camp experience."
"Absolutely was the best value with true learning of any camp this summer."
9:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Weekly Day Camp for rising 2nd-6th graders
Fantastic Farm Fun 1, 2, and 3 — $300.00 for 5 days *****NEW**** Farm Fun 4 for rising 5th and 6th graders...July 6-10 week 12:30-5pm - $300.
Exciting programs vary within each camp! Butter, cheesemaking and ice cream, clay, painting and tie-dye, WebQuests, iMovie, and more!
Discovery learning about farming and animals. Each day focuses on a different farm animal's role on the farm and in our life. Help with morning farm chores, take hayrides, go on marsh and crop walks, make crafts, study farm, and food nutrition, understand the need for sustainable agriculture, and more. Farm Fun 1 is designed for children in 2nd and 3rd grades who are ready to experience morning chores and longer, in-depth learning. Farm Fun 2 is designed for children in 3rd and 4th grades, and Farm Fun 3 is for 4th and 5th grades. Farm Fun 4 is for rising 5th-6th graders and is an afternoon session.
"This camp was fantastic. My child enjoyed every activity provided, especially all the 'behind-the-scenes' tours (robotic milk machine, animals, hayride and playing in the hay, etc.). Also loved all the crafts. Counselors were great, too."
"I didn't think Farm Camp 2 could ever top Farm Camp 1 (they LOVED it), but it did. They couldn't have been more excited to wake up and go to camp everyday. Still their favorite camp experience ever! Can't wait for Farm Fun 3."
"My 7.5 year absolutely loved this camp! He came home everyday excited about everything he learned and did and looked forward to the next day. He's already asked to go again next year and I will be sending him and my now 4-year-old as well. Thrilled to have something so fun and educational right in my backyard!"
- Time: 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m for Farm 1,2,3. NOTE- Farm 4 is an afternoon session 12:30-5pm.
- Age: rising 2nd-6th graders
- Campers may only attend one week of Farm Camp each summer.
Email email@example.com if you need additional clarification
Preschool Fun on the Farm — as interest presents in 2023:
Learn "Down on the Farm" style — Begin a personal farm book for each child filled with lifelong memories!
- 8-week "hands-on experiences" for 4 - 6-year-olds, 1-hour class for 8 weeks = $160.00
- Crafts, songs and various farm experiences connected with letters learned each week.
- Must be age 4 by the start of the course, toilet trained, and comfortable leaving the parent.
Science for Homeschoolers — as interest presents in 2023:
- 8-week course — 2 hours/week lower elementary and upper elementary groupings
- Weekly themes such as plant growth, harvesting, experiments, beekeeping, water cycle, geology, environmental science, and more.