Camp & Classes
Educating and Inspiring Youth in Agriculture
“Outstanding! Great curriculum, well-planned, educational and fun.” Enjoy our Farm Camp Flyer and new video.
2016 Summer Day Camp Experiences for ages 4-11 years old. Review and complete 2016 Registration Form .
- Small group sizes with outdoor and indoor learning opportunities at Milky Way Farm
- 10% Discount available for 2 or more children from same family as well as early registration discount til May 1, 2016.
- Age appropriate curriculum created by an M.Ed teacher who taught in various classroom setting for 10+ years.
- Children in Little Farmer should bring a snack and drink. Children in Farm Fun camps should bring a snack, lunch, and drinks.
- All staff that interact with campers have been cleared through the PA State Police Criminal Background check, PA Childline Child Abuse Clearance, and the FBI Fingerprints clearance for those who have lived out of state in the last 10 years.
Little Farmer Summer Day Camp – $150
- Creative “Down on the Farm” experiences with our farm animals, literature and crafts to complete each child’s own 123 book.
- PreK and Kindergarten age – independent of parent and toilet trained.
“Wonderful experience and value. He had a blast and the communication with parents was wonderful!!! Loved the creative book made by each camper on the last day of camp!” “Thank you for providing this most worthwhile camp, and giving kids who aren’t interested in organized sports a camp experience.” “Absolutely was the best value with true learning of any camp this summer.”
9:30am-2pm Weekly Day Camp for 7-11 year olds
Fantastic Farm Fun ~ $275 for 5 days
Exciting programs! Butter, Cheesemaking & Ice Cream, Clay, Painting & TieDye, WebQuests, iMovie and more!Discovery learning about farming and animals. Each day focuses on different farm animal’s role on farm and in our life. Help with morning farm chores, take hayrides, go on marsh and crop walks, make crafts, study farm and food nutrition, understand need for sustainable agriculture and more… Farm Fun 1 is designed for children ages 7-9 experiencing a longer summer day camp at Milky Way Farm. Farm Fun 2 is designed for returning farm campers or ages 8-9. Farm Fun 3 is for the experienced Farm Fun campers (completed Farm Fun 1 & 2 and ages 10-11) who are ready to learn and work on the farm.
“This camp was fantastic. My child enjoyed every activity provided, especially all the “behind-the-scenes” tours (robotic milk machine, animals, hayride and playing in the hay, etc.). Also loved all the crafts. Counselors were great, too.” “I didn’t think Farm Camp 2 could ever top Farm Camp 1 (they LOVED it), but it did. They couldn’t have been more excited to wake up and go to camp everyday. Still their favorite camp experience ever! Can’t wait for Farm Fun 3.”
“Thanks for an AWESOME week and a one of a kind experience! This opportunity was truly unique and a privilege.”Farm Fun 1 must be completed prior to Farm Fun 2 or Farm Fun 3. Note previous year campers qualify for Farm Fun 2 and Farm Fun 3 and Farm Fun 4. Minimum camp size of 6 is required.
- Time: 9:30am-2pm.
- Age: 7-11 year olds (must have completed 1st grade)
- “” shows camp weeks that are planned for each age group
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if need additional clarification.
|2016 Summer Camps at Milky Way Farm||Little Farmer (PreK & Kinder) $ 150||Farm Fun 1 (Ages 7-9 – completed 1st grade) $275||Farm Fun 2 (Experienced campers and new ages 9-10) $275||Farm Fun 3 (Experienced campers and new ages 10-11) $275||Farm Fun 4 (Experienced campers) $275|
|June 27-July 1||FULL!||FULL!|
Preschool Fun on the Farm – April and May Thursday Afternoons – 1:30-2:30pm (as interest allows) – CANCELLEDLearn the ABC’s Down on the Farm. ~ Begin a personal farm ABC book for each child filled with lifelong memories!
- 8 week “hands on experiences” for 4-6 year olds 1 hour class for 8 weeks = $125
- Crafts, songs, and various farm experiences connected with letters learned each week.
- must be age 4 by start of course, toilet trained and comfortable leaving parent.
- Adult accompaniment is strongly discouraged as space is limited- siblings are not allowed.
Science for Homeschoolers (as interest presents in 2015)8 week course – 2 hours/week Lower elementary and upper elementary groupings Weekly Themes such as plant growth, harvesting, experiments, beekeeping, water cycle, geology, environmental science and more.